Weight loss goal
Weight loss goal and life style changes
Todays the day I've decided to make a life style change. Notice I didn't say diet? I can't say I believe in diets as such. To me a diet means a drastic eating pattern that changes once you've reached your weight loss goal. Alternatively, I'm setting myself an assignment to find a healthy eating and exercise balance that will allow me to reach and stay at my weight loss goal of 75 kilo's for the duration of my life. Even though my current weight is 109 kilo's, I know this is achievable as I've done it once before. The difference being, this time I'll make it a lasting life style change.
Listed below is my first checklist of changes I need to make to ensure I reach my weight loss goal. I say 'first' because this will most likely change over time the more I learn about healthy lifestyle changes.
1. Eat more vegetables, salad, fruit, yogurt, fish, chicken.
2. Eat less takeaway such as fried chips or Red Rooster. Not being much of a cook, I do eat takeaway often.
3. Exercise more. At least 40 minutes per day. Although I do play golf, it's not nearly as often as I should. I also have the advantage of owning exercise equipment which at the moment is collecting dust. However, this is about to change.
4. For encouragement, read stories from other women who have also battled a weight problem. I particularly find the television show Biggest Looser great inspiration and the next Australian series isn't too far away from starting.
5. Keeping a blog of how I'm going will help me to keep focus and reset my goals when required.