Mushroom and Garlic Sauce Recipe
is a really easy recipe to follow and one that I often use when the
wife wants a little bit of help to snazzy up a dinner meal.
The best thing about this sauce is it is very low in calories as it
contains just basic ingredients with a tablespoon of corn starch for
thickening. It would be less than 20 calories per serve so go ahead
and make your dinner a delight with the beautiful taste of fresh mushrooms
with a hint of garlic.
- 2 handfuls of sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbls milk for color
- 2 tablespoons corn flour or corn starch
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix corn starch with milk and a little water to make a slurry
- Put remainder of water, mushrooms and garlic into a small pot and
bring to the boil
- Take pot from heat and mix in the corn starch slurry, thickening
- Add salt and pepper to desired taste
- Pour over meal and enjoy!
The ingredients above will make enough sauce for 2 to 3 people. If you
need to make this sauce for more people, add a cup of water, an extra
handful of mushrooms and another tablespoon of corn starch. When you have
made this sauce once, you will know how much you need for extra people.
Now how easy is that? My wife loves me cooking and she likes the easy
way I come up with something different when needed. She better not get
used to it though!