Treating Gout With Natural Remedies
Preventing gout with home remedy treatments
One of the best natural ways to prevent gout is to maintain a healthy weight level and drink plenty of water, just what we are advocating for a lifestyle on Positive Health Steps website. First we must understand what gout is, how do we get it in the first place and then apply a commonsense home remedy for it's treatment. As always, if your unfortunate enough to get gout or any other illness, we advocate that you see your professional medical practitioner before attempting a self cure exercise.
Preventing gout in the first place is always the best measure.
Natural Remedies For Gout Treatments
What is Gout?
Gout is a form of arthritis caused by a build up of Uric acid, causing pain and swelling in the joints. The first place gout usually appears is in the big toe, it swells and is particularly painful.
Men are more susceptible to gout attacks, although popular belief has it that it is mainly cause by drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, it can be caused by simply being dehydrated, overweight or from eating the wrong foods.
Men tend not to drink enough water, so if you are male or female who are susceptible to gout, look at your water consumption and drink at least a litre per day. Water flushes out the kidneys and makes the bladder work. Water is one of the best natural remedies for a large amount of illnesses and is usually overlooked as a preventative medicine. Drink more water people, it's good for you.
Foods high in purines can be a factor in contracting gout as can be lack of exercise, too much alcohol which dehydrates the body and carrying too much weight.
Gout can be hereditary so it is best to see your doctor and talk to them about all the possible causes.
To treat painful gout, see your doctor and take medicine as prescribed.
Positive Steps that you can take at home to prevent gout include:
- Drink plenty of water to get the kidneys flushed
- Go for regular walks. Moderate exercise is one of the best healthy things you can do for your body
- Limit consumption of foods high in purines such as kidneys, liver, anchovies, brains and gravies
- Limit alcohol, better still don't drink any at all
- Lose weight if you are overweight
- Maintain a healthy eating plan which limits animal foods and includes plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Study the foods that you eat the most and the drinks you consume. Then cut out, one by one, what you eat the most to see what food or drink is causing the gout. I know of one person who got gout regularly from diet soft drinks. Once this was taken from his diet completely, he never suffered from gout again.
Maintaining a positive healthy lifestyle is extremely important. A healthy lifestyle will ward off many common illnesses, such as gout, and make you feel good and look even better. Eating fruit such as bananas, cherries, and berries, such as blueberries or blackberries which contain high-potassium levels, will help lower Uric acid levels in your blood stream.
If you get gout, drink plenty of water to flush your kidneys and release the build up of Uric acid through your urine. Do not drink alcohol and see your doctor if pain persists.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Black Toe Nails
Warts Home Cure
Pounds to Kilos Converter
Calories to Kilojules
Calories Activity Chart
Daily Calories Required
Calories in Fruit
Calories in Breads
Calories in Pork
Calories in Lamb
Calories in Beer
Calories in Wine
Calories in Milk
Calories in Chocolate
Calories in Cheese
Calories in Steak
Calories in Salmon