Naturally Cure Flatulence
Natural remedies in the treatment
of excessive farting
Flatulence, passing wind, farting, it's all the same no matter how you say it. Farting is natural and something we all do, but sometimes it's very embarrassing for those afflicted with the problem and those around them. You can take positive steps to naturally cure flatulence once you know the causes. Learn how below.
Curing Flatulence Naturally
Most of the time the main cause of flatulence, excessive farting, is the inability of the digestive system to breakdown certain foods that you eat. Carbohydrates in foods such as cabbage, broccoli, onions, fleshy fruits, bananas and many other common foods can be hard to breakdown due to the fiber content.
We all know of the old adage about baked beans, some foods react similar to baked beans.
At times it could be dairy foods that are the cause of flatulence and alcohol, beer in particular, is certainly a major contributor in many men. Eating too quickly can cause you to swallow air and stress can even be contributors to excessive flatulence.
Let's look at ways to treat the problem of excessive wind production without the use of medicines.
Monitor your diet and reduced or eliminate the foods that could be causing flatulence. For example if you eat a lot of cabbage, substitute this for something else for awhile to see if this is the cause. If not, eat cabbage again and look at something else.
If you are on a high fiber diet because of health reasons, perhaps it's better to put up with the flatulence problem for awhile as becoming healthy will lessen the farting problem over time. It may just be a short term problem if you recently started eating healthier foods and the bowel will get used to treating the higher intake of fiber in time.
Some home remedies for flatulence cure include:
- Chewing your food more before swallowing will help the stomach and intestines break down the food.
- Avoid foods high in fat.
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals instead of three large meals.
- Start an exercise program. Becoming fitter cures many ailments.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Drinking hot water, about half a cup of plain hot water, as hot as you can stand it, does the trick for many people.
- Eat peppermint leaves. Peppermint contains menthol which helps in naturally treating the problem of flatulence.
- Mix half a teaspoon of ginger powder with warm water. The Chinese have used this cure for flatulence for centuries.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water daily.
If there is associated pain with the flatulence, excessive bloating or diarrhea, consult your doctor before attempting any home remedies. It is always wise to see your doctor for any health problems that are not normal or persist for any period of time.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Black Toe Nails
Warts Home Cure
Pounds to Kilos Converter
Calories to Kilojules
Calories Activity Chart
Daily Calories Required
Calories in Fruit
Calories in Breads
Calories in Pork
Calories in Lamb
Calories in Beer
Calories in Wine
Calories in Milk
Calories in Chocolate
Calories in Cheese
Calories in Steak
Calories in Salmon